Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Purpose

It has been a whirlwind couple of weeks. I love the challenge of "the last minute"; will it get done? will it look good? will people like it?
Conversely I hate the after part where I think "If you had started sooner, it could have been better."
This week Joe and I are tying all of our loose ends for our new weekend venture.I have been in the kitchen and at various town and county offices and all through the property finding documents, props and product. My mother's back porch has become my staging area (and she just hates it lol) and my own porch is a disaster.
My one overarching accomplishment this week? Laundry has been kept up. Yes, I know it is only Monday but really, at any other busy point in my life I would be dealing with naked family because by Monday there are still all the clothes from the previous week!
I DID work on a name and label for my spa stuff: The Calm Mom. Yeah? I liked it too until I went back a few hours and some caffeine later to discover that it is a very likable name AND already in use. So back to the drawing board. I do like the label art I found-so it was not completely wasted! Still posting here; but giving credit to the entity(s) that snagged it first  :)
Joe and I are just praying now that these doors opened for a reason-the timing was excellent and toward the end of my "previous life" I was really into the idea of "wellness" and "connectedness"...certainly this opportunity taps into both areas.
The "wellness" is obvious-the spa at home concept is relaxing/invigorating/pampering. But the "connectedness", now THAT will be a stretch indeed. I love dealing with individuals...but masses of people? NOT protected by a lectern or a stage?? Intimidating-and yet to be successful in this venture we will have to connect. And it is based on our own connections that we have been able to move forward at all. I keep that in mind when I think of the sheer volume of people we will encounter over the next few months.
Wish us well as we keep moving forward...

Jennie Says: You never know where you are going to find some amazing talent. It has been my pleasure to meet and work with Gracy Getz, a single parent and amazing artist, and barely out of teendom...this kid is going places and I am glad I was able to be part of her ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment